The Austrian Institute for SME Research is a member of Austrian Cooperative Reserach (ACR), representing co-operative research in Austria.
ACR supports especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in application-oriented research and development and the implementation of innovations.
ACR defined strategic fields of co-operation to strengthen innovation output of Austrian SMEs. The Austrian Institute for SME Research contributes with expertise in the economic sectors and their structures and industry specific data on the economic situation and development of SMEs.
The Austrian Institute for SME Research contributes to the following co-operation projects:
- E-Learning-Initiative (development and use of innovative learning and teaching concepts for competence in SMEs);
- Plattform Lebensmittelsicherheit (development of know-how about risks of food);
- Gesunde Raumwärme in energieoptimierten Gebäuden (linkage of the future topics "energy efficiency&climate protection&health");
- Solarenergie - Reduktion des Primärenergiebedarfs in Gebäuden (studies and technology transfer to save energy and to reduce CO2 emission);
- TransFIT (improvement of the deformation during the assembling of rail vehicle components)